I don’t know who made the photo above, but if you did I credit you for it. I was tagged by Life with all the books for this Ultimate Book Tag. I didn’t feel like writing a mini review post for today so I decided to hold off on the reviews I need to write for now.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not really, but Tennessee’s windy roads started giving me headaches whenever I tried to read in the car as a passenger so I stopped doing that unless we were driving straight on the highway.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I like a lot of author’s writing styles. My muse has completely shut off my answers for this one but I know a lot of the authors are contemporary young adult so you can check out those reviews after this if you want to see what I like.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Twilight. LOL, just kidding. HARRY POTTER of course!
- I’ve been reading Harry Potter since it came out.
- I like all of the worlds in it.
- I don’t have to defend why I like a book series over another. Just wanted to have a rebel moment.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (beside books…)?
No, but I did buy a purse big enough to put a book and my Kindle in it.
5. Do you smell your books?
No, but my best guy friend does. The first time we talked on Skype, he smelled some of his favorite books and it made me really laugh so now I still tease him about it and post book sniffing memes on his Facebook all the time. I love the feel of new books personally.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I’m fine without illustrations, but I do like the chapter illustrations in the Harry Potter books! They are actually pretty good quality on the Kindle.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Luxe by Anna Goberson or whatever her last name is. I was fascinated by that series at the time I read it during freshmen year of college. But I think the dress covers were the allure now. I’m sad that they actually came out with new ones.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really except that I always tried to pack more than ten books in my carry on bags on trips…
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Probably the Heartland horse book series.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I think either Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix or A Court of Mist and Fury.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself being an author in the future?
I do write, though it’s mostly fanfiction. I haven’t written that since I got into blogging though.
12. When did you get into reading?
I don’t even really remember. It was when I was very young.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Uhhh, I don’t really like classic books. I wish I did, but each time I try to read one it just doesn’t interest me. I did like The Great Gatsby and To Kill A Mockingbird though. I also like young adult books that circle around classic books.
14. In school what was your best subject?
English and any literature class despite the fact that it was a lot of classic books that we read. The book I complained the most about was The Animal Farm because I just couldn’t get into talking animals.
15. If your were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
I’d thank them politely and most likely take it to a used bookstore if I already read it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Selection by Kiera Cass seems like it’s lesser known now.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
While filming? I don’t film.
18. What is your favourite word?
I like words like mind-boggling and baffled.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’m definitely a booknerd!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires cause I can’t get into fairies, hence why I probably couldn’t get into A Court of Thorns and Roses. No, I still don’t like Twilight. Was thinking of Vampire Academy.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I’m going with shapeshifters just because it’s a cool thing to be able to do.
22. Spirits or Werewolves?
I’ll go with werewolves cause of Harry Potter.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies is a huge no to me, so vampires for sure. Again, Vampire Academy/ Bloodlines.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden love seems to be the thing for me now. I’ve always liked that. I do ship Fremione after all. And Marcus and Katie are a forbidden love ship I like. And basically any Gryffindor/ Slytherin ship. And that whole best friend’s brother ship, etc.
25. And Finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both is fine by me, whatever I am in the mood for.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to ping me back here so I can read your answers! I may not get to them the day this is posted but I will over the weekend, I promise!