Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Every week there’s a new topic where we get to choose our top ten and write about it. This week’s topic is top ten books that pull me out of a reading slump. This year I’ve been famous for getting into that reading slump so I am going to list books that have helped me get out of it this year and what I’ve read in the past too.
- Any Kasie West books usually pull me out of the slump, minus By Your Side. I couldn’t really get into that one. They usually just suck me right in.
2. Any Meg Cabot books will usually get me out of the slumps as well. I haven’t turned to them yet this year but in the past I usually reread one to get out of the slump.
3. Harry Potter of course!! Any time is a good time to do a Harry Potter reread.
4. The Selection by Kiera Cass is another series I reread to get me out of the slump.
5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I like Vampire Academy, but I LOVE Bloodlines better because of my OTP in it. 6. Geekerella by Ashley Poston pulled me out of a slump this year. I loved the book so much. 7. Any Sophie Kinsella book besides the Shopaholic books work for me.
8. The Wicked Deep saved me earlier this year. I absolutely loved that book too. 9. Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch. Usually any book about Ireland will do! 10. To Kill a Kingdom, Daughter of the Siren Queen and Legendary were actually all fantasy books but they all got me out of the slump this year and I loved each of them. I couldn’t choose between these three so they are all listed in here.
What do you read when you are in a reading slump? Feel free to leave a comment below!