Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week’s topic is… Back to School/Learning Freebie (in honor of school starting back up soon, come up with your own topic that fits the theme of school or learning! Books that take place at school/boarding school/during study abroad, books you read in school, textbooks you liked/didn’t like, non-fiction books you loved or want to read, etc.)
It feels a bit strange since I’m no longer in school and I’m in my field of study for work, but whatever I can go back to school with this post, right?
Note: My laptop for some reason doesn’t want to add photos to my blog posts sometimes. I think it’s WordPress’s trick for getting me to buy plan because I’m almost out of storage. Also, I am sorry about the no line spacing in between the numbers. I haven’t figured that out yet.
- Harry Potter because everybody dreams about going to Hogwarts.
- Princess Diaries. Mia is in school during pretty much the whole series. She finds out she is a princess early on and deals with it the rest of her high school career.
- The Mediator series by Meg Cabot. Suze Simon goes to school and pulls a Buffy the Vampire Slayer act with her ghost busting skills.
- All American Girl by Meg Cabot. Samantha Madison saves the life of a President of the United States while she was like a freshman and accidentally falls in love with the President’s son. Also takes place during the school year.
- Listen to your heart by Kasie West. This was an adorable book about a girl taking a podcast class. Also almost any Kasie West book takes place in school.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass. Ok, it’s not REALLY a school, but Sylvia teaches the girls how to become a princess and she quizzes them about history and stuff when they aren’t on dates with the prince.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Rose so doesn’t want to get dragged back to her school by Dimitri, she tries to protect her best friend Vasilisa Dragomir. This is a six book series.
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. This is the spin off to Vampire Academy. Someone goes into hiding and someone has to make sure the vampires are kept secret from humans while she gets taught witchcraft magic by one of her human teachers.
- Sweet Valley High…. this series was a non stop series I read in high school.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved before obviously takes place in school. The nerd starts fake dating the popular guy only because her little sister mails out all the love letters she wrote as a goodbye letter to each of them.
What are some books you have read that take place in school? What are some of your favorite ones? Feel free to drop a comment!