We found this wonderful tag over at Paper Procrastinators , and just had to try it out! It’s no surprise to anyone that we’re “addicted” to books, but for details on just how addicted, you’ll have to read to find out.
1) What is the longest amount of time you can comfortably go without picking up a book?
What is the longest amount of time I can comfortably go without picking up a book? COMFORTABLY?! COMFORTABLY?! What kind of question is that? I can’t comfortably go without a book. I’ve gone two days without a book when I had the flu a couple of years ago and that was torture even though I could only sleep cause my whole body ached. I always bring a book with me and I think about books when I am working.
2) How many books do you carry on your person (or kindle) at any one time?
I don’t usually bring actual books with me anymore unless if it’s to my parents house. Then it’s usually one or two. On my Kindle I have about 200+ downloaded. IDK how many books I actually have on my Kindle. On my Kobo I have about close to 930 downloaded.
3) Do you keep every book you buy/receive or are you happy to pass them on to make space for more?
I have been keeping mine lately but there are some books I’ve had since 2012 that I’m going to trade in next weekend.
4) How long would you spend in a bookshop on a standard visit?
I can be in and out within 20 minutes. If I haven’t been there in awhile I can be there for 45 minutes or so.
5) How much time per day do you actually spend reading?
I’d say I probably read an hour and a half or less during each week day. During the weekend maybe an hour or two each weekend day. Depending on if I’m in a slump or not.
6) Where does the task ‘picking up a book’ appear on your daily to-do list?
It doesn’t go on the list at all, it’s just in the back of my mind.
7) How many books do you reckon you own in total (including e-books)?
Let’s see, on my Kobo it says I have 930 books… I probably have 300 regular books. So I’d say go with 1300 because I don’t know how many books are on my Kindle exactly.
8) Approximately how often do you bring up books in conversation?
Not that often, actually. I hate the looks I get when people realize I’m reading young adult even though that shouldn’t matter at all. There’s one person at work that I will say what book I’m reading. It doesn’t come up often every day so that’s why I blog really.
9) What is the biggest book (page count) you have finished reading?
It’s still Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. I just reread that book and it took me about a week and a half to reread. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas comes second.
10) Is there a book you had to get your hands on against all odds (i.e searching bookshops, online digging, etc.)?
Finale by Stephanie Garber. I got the eARC of it and I was over the moon about it. I have a finished signed copy too.
11) A book you struggled to finish but refused to DNF?
Ahh, yes. This used to be a constant struggle for me, but this year I started not finishing books I wasn’t enjoying even if they were an ARC book. I struggled to finish Opposite of Always because it came so highly recommended. And it put me in a foul book slump that lasted over a month and I’m still trying to get out of it. I think I am slowly getting out of it finally. I actually feel like picking a new book to read at the moment.
12) What are 3 of your main book goals for 2019?
Read what I enjoy reading in my preferred format. (Ebooks.) Don’t blow my budget away on books, and post when I can.
13) Have you ever had the privilege of converting someone into a reader (maybe via inspiration or incessant nagging)?
When I lived at my parents there was a little girl next door and she would borrow my books from me all the time. She wasn’t keen on reading at first until later on after reading Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.
14) Describe what books mean to you in five words.
Reading allows me to escape reality. (Sorry, that’s six words!)
It’s tagging time!!
I’m sure others have already done this tag, so I tag anybody that wants to do this book tag!!
What are some of your answers to these questions?