Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl where every week you’re given a topic/theme and you list books that match up with the them. Make sure you link back to Jana and check what picks others have on their list!
I don’t remember many picture books aside from Bernstein Bears, Clifford and this old lady who had so many cats and she kept having to move around because of them. Even a train wasn’t enough… I don’t remember that title at all. So I’m going with chapter books!
1. Baby-Sitter’s Club by Ann M. Martin. I actually went through a reread of some of these books earlier this year after Netflix announced they would be revamping the show.
2. Baby-Sitter’s Little Sister books. Man, I loved these books when I was a kid. These were some of the first books I actually bought with my allowance. I always reread them too.
3. The Magic Attic Club. These are some of the only picture books I do remember getting into. Did anybody else read these?
4. American Girl Doll books were another doll series books I liked… before I was afraid of dolls.
5. The Box Car Children books. I wrote fanfiction for these books before I realized what fanfiction was. I don’t think that term was around when I was in second grade.
6. Nancy Drew books. I don’t remember a lot of these books but I do remember this one.
7. My cousin let me have her collections. I was sad when my best friend lost them.
8. Thoroughbred: Ashleigh series by Joanna Campbell. I have actually recollected these throughout the years.
9. Thoroughbred series by Joanna Campbell. I’ve collected some of these throughout the years too.
10. Heartland. The Netflix series is very different from the books but I do like them. I believe these books took place in Virginia, but in the show they take place in Canada, close to Calgary I believe. Plus there’s different characters.
The other follow ups are Sweet Valley, Harry Potter, Princess Diaries, the Amelia Diaries, etc. I read these a bit later on. Harry Potter came out in 1997 after all.
What are some books you read in your childhood? What are some of your favorites?
My name is Colleen. I am a book reviewer. Book lover. Writer. Ebook reader. Hardback book lover. Paperback book lover. It doesn't matter what format books are read in as long as you're reading! I love YA, new adult books, YA fantasy and children's books. Basically I read anything that sparks my interest. The author's I like right now are L.A. Cotton, Erin Fletcher, Richelle Mead, Kiera Cass, Barbara Freethy and more.
View all posts by Colleen's Conclusions